Sunday, July 29, 2012
California Institute of Technology
Hameetman Auditorium at the Cahill Center [map]
8:30 am - 5:30 pm
Co-organized by the Resnick Sustainability Institute and the Light-Material Interactions in Energy Conversion (LMI) Energy Frontier Research Center this one-day workshop brings together leaders from industry, academia and government to discuss new technologies for redefining the limits of solar energy conversion efficiency. [download flyer]
Invited Speakers Include:
- Harry Atwater, Director, LMI-EFRC and Resnick Institute, Caltech
- Ivan Celanovic, Principal Research Scientist, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Geoffrey Kinsey, Director, Photovoltaic Technologies, Fraunhofer Center for Sustainable Energy Systems
- Sarah Kurtz, Principal Scientist, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Minh Le, Chief Engineer, Solar Technologies Program, Department of Energy
- Michelle Povinelli, WiSE Gabilan Assistant Professor of Electrical Engineering, University of Southern California
- Wladek Walukiewicz, Solar Energy Materials Research Group, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Roland Winston, Professor, University of California, Merced
Workshop topics cover a broad spectrum of photovoltaic research:
- Theory: fundamentals, thermodynamics, alternative approaches, and more
- Materials: for ultra-high efficiency, photo-thermal, and 3rd generation devices
- Optics: photonics and plasmonics for light trapping, tracking and spectral splitting
The program features invited talks, a poster session, and small group discussions with speakers.
- We welcome workshop participants to submit abstracts for the poster session (deadline EXTENDED to July 20). There will be a cash prize awarded for the best poster presented during the workshop.
- Online registration will be available June 4-July 23. Onsite registration will also be available.
- Attendees are encouraged to register for IPS-19, the 19th International Conference on Photochemical Conversion and Storage of Solar Energy, taking place at Caltech from July 29-August 3, 2012.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.